BBC SPORTS PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR 2017: DAME JESSICA ENNIS-HILL GETS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD

DAME JESSICA ENNIS-HILL
Former heptathlon champion Dame Jessica Ennis-Hill was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement award at the BBC's Sports Personality show.

The 31-year-old won Olympic gold at London 2012 and a silver at the Rio Games four years later.

She retired in October 2016 as one of Britain's most successful athletes.

Ennis-Hill was awarded her third World Championship gold earlier this year after Russia's Tatyana Chernova was stripped of the 2011 title for doping.

With the BBC award, she follows in the footsteps of previous winners including footballer Pele and rower Sir Steve Redgrave.

"I am completely overwhelmed," said Ennis-Hill. "To be in this room full of so many legends is unbelievable.

"When I first stepped on to the track it was by chance - my mum joked about it being cheap childcare. From that moment on I fell in love with the sport and would never have imagined the career I have had.


"I just couldn't be happier and I am so proud."

No comments

Theme images by i-bob. Powered by Blogger.