CRISTIANO RONALDO WANTS TO RETIRE AT REAL MADRID

Ronaldo hold the record for most goals scored at the CWC, with seven strikes
Cristiano Ronaldo insisted he wants to finish his playing career at Real Madrid after making more history with the goal that saw the Spanish giants crowned world champions on Saturday.

The 32-year-old's free-kick in the Club World Cup final against Gremio sealed a record-equaling third title as Madrid became the first side to the tournament in consecutive years.

When asked if he planned to retire at Madrid, Ronaldo, who signed a new deal to 2021 with the club in 2016, said: "I would really like to, but things don't depend on me. What depends on me is what I do on the pitch.
"I am not the one who runs the club, that is for those in charge. My job is on the pitch and I think I am doing it well, the rest I can't control."
Real Madrid became the first team to the CWC back-to-back

"Obviously, but at the right moment," said Real coach Zinedine Zidane when asked if Ronaldo should be rewarded with another new contract.

"For us it is fundamental Cristiano stays. He is at his club, his home and no one can do what he keeps doing, so hopefully he stays here until he retires."

No comments

Theme images by i-bob. Powered by Blogger.